OF THE RENOVATED SCULPTURE PARK
After nine months of being closed, the Haus am Waldsee celebrated the reopening of its sculpture park on 26 June.
The renovation of the house as a listed building from 2017 to 2019, which is in keeping with the preservation order, was followed by the restoration of the garden, an equally listed structure, under the direction of the landscape architect Georg v. Gayl and his team from October 2021.
The 10,000 sqm park was restored to its original form of an English landscape garden laid out in 1922 thanks to the support of the Stiftung Deutsche Klassenlotterie Berlin. A network of paved paths leading to the shore of the Waldsee, extended park terraces with a view over the water and a redesigned open-air stage were created among other things. The basis for the renovation was a monument preservation concept by the landscape planning office Hortec.
Please note that all of the illustrations available for downloading are protected by copyright and may only be used for press purposes and with the corresponding credits including the courtesies. The images must not be cropped.
For more images, please contact our press office.
Press and Communications
T: (030) 801 89 35
F: (030) 802 20 28